The Law Office of Cary Scott Goldinger P.C., located in Garden City, New York, is seeking a full time Associate. We are a small, general practice law firm specializing in real estate, business transactions, commercial litigation, art law and restaurants. Our office offers all the benefits of a big firm practice, with the advantages of a small firm’s attention to detail and personalized service, with an inviting and engaging environment.
The ideal candidate would preferably have 3-5 years of litigation experience and must be an excellent writer. Candidate must be proficient in pleadings, motions, memos of law, legal research and discovery. Knowledge of transactional law, business and real estate are a plus!
Salary commensurate with experience. Health and pension benefits available.
Please submit resume to: CSG@goldinger.com
The Law Office of Cary Scott Goldinger, located in Garden City, New York, is seeking a full time, reliable and proactive paralegal. We are a small, boutique law firm specializing in the following practice areas: real estate, business transactions, commercial litigation and art law. Our office offers all the benefits of a big firm practice, with all of the advantages of a small firm’s attention to detail and personalized service, with an inviting and engaging environment. Our ideal candidate is a motivated, independent thinker and a confident communicator.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Fast thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Time slips and dictation program
- Upbeat, positive and professional attitude
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as Paralegal/Legal Secretary
- Litigation, real estate, and business experience a must
- Understanding of technical legal terminology
- Client Contact
- Investigate the facts of a case
- Organize and maintain documents in paper and electronic filing systems
- Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
- Draft correspondence and legal documents, such as contracts, riders, deeds, affirmations and affidavits
- Help lawyers during trials by handling exhibits, taking notes, or reviewing trial transcripts
- File exhibits, briefs, appeals and other legal documents with the court or opposing counsel
- Call clients, witnesses, lawyers, and outside vendors to schedule interviews, meetings, and depositions
- Maintain all internal databases, including calendar and schedule of the attorney
- Answer phones, retrieve messages, respond to emails
- E-filing, and eCourts NYS Unified Court System
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please no phone calls. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to CSG@goldinger.com with the subject, “Paralegal Position.”